How to Play
You will need an SSH client to connect to the game servers. Linux and Mac OS typically come with this installed; Windows users can use either a free client like PuTTY or Windows Subsystem for Linux.
TNNT is hosted by hardfought.org. Connect to "email@example.com" via SSH, and register an account. Then, you can choose any of three servers to play on:
- hardfought.org: USA (East Coast)
- eu.hardfought.org: Europe (London)
- au.hardfought.org: Australia (Sydney)
To create, join, or manage clans, go here. Clan membership (creating and joining) will be frozen after November 10th!
For more general information on NetHack, check out Wikipedia, the NetHackWiki, and The Greatest Game You Will Ever Play.
TNNT-related in-game commands include:
- #tnntstats: a listing of all TNNT-related goals
- #achievements: shows all achievements, completed and those not
- #snacks: shows all foods eaten
- #species: shows all eligible species killed and not killed
- #conduct: not a new macro for TNNT, but this will show TNNT-specific conducts
For more information about the TNNT tournament, see the About page and Rules page.
Live game events via Twitter feed! Be sure to check out and follow our TNNT Twitter Feed to stay current.
TNNT chat discussion happens on the Freenode IRC server, on the #tnnt and #hardfought channels. All TNNT discussion is on-topic in these channels, and this is the best way to reach the admins if you have any issues. Click here to open the chat.